Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bye Bye Clothes Dryer!!!

So, as I said a while back, my dryer broke about a year ago, and as I was broke myself, I decided to get by with just a washer. (Though this is where I draw the line. I won't be doing my laundry in the sink, or at a laundromat.) For the last year the old, broken dryer has been just a waste of space in my basement, where I need all the space I can get. And one of the many things I love about my neighborhood is that on trash day, there are guys with pickup trucks making the rounds looking for scrap metal. (I love it because it means that all that metal won't end up in a landfill, and won't get wasted.) So, I nabbed one of these guys yesterday, and he took down my address and came back this morning to get it. He took it apart, and it looked to me like he was salvaging all of it: the metal for scrap, the heavy duty cord, the motor. So, here it is in my driveway: And there it goes! Next, I'm going to have him come back and get the old oil tank taking up space in yet another corner of my basement!

No comments: